Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sync your contacts between Thunderbird and Gmail using Zindus

Over the past year I have been syncing my contacts over the Apple cloud Mobile Me service. Well, my year was up, and I didn't feel like renewing.
Plus it didn't sync with Mozilla's Thunderbird, and I hate Outlook.
iTunes allows for syncing with gmail/google contacts, so that's cool. I turned that on, and that replaces the need for Mobile Me. 

But what about all my Thunderbird Contacts...


Steps:
  1. Download Zindus
  2. From the tools menu choose addons
  3. Click install and browse to where you downloaded the file
  4. Restart Thunderbird
  5. From the tools menu choose Zindus
  6. Enter your google account information, and let it go
For the steps to turn on the iPhone gmail contact syncing, see my Gmail Contacts on the iPhone Post.

Links:

No comments: